Q. Does paraquat represent a risk to the environment?
A. No. Extensive long-term field studies confirm—and governments and regulatory authorities, worldwide, agree—that normal uses of paraquat in accordance with the clear label instructions do not cause an unacceptable environmental impact. These studies have shown that:
- Paraquat is inactive in soil
- Paraquat cannot travel through soil
- Paraquat does not contaminate ground water
- Paraquat is not hazardous to fish in normal use
- Paraquat poses no risk to domestic or farm animals
- Paraquat poses no significant hazard to wildlife